Pepperidge Farm - Carb Control Wheat discontinued

12 of 62 Pepperidge Farm reviews

We (members of our senior social club) have been buying PF Carb Style Wheat for almost 20 years and now learn than PF has decided to discontinue this Carb Style Wheat (and 7 grain) bread.

What is wrong with them?This was one of the best sellers in the supermarket and now everyone is upset and mad about the discontinuance.

Have contacted PF but never received an answer.

We are wondering if anyone else is having the same problem with this bread? If so, contact PF and let them know of your displeasure with them for discontinuing this bread. Most of our members are pre-diabetics or diabetics and now they all have to try and search for another low carb bread to fit into their diets.

It is just awful for PF to discontinue this bread after so many, many years of good sales.I hope someone at PF gets to read this message and know that we want the Carb Style back on the shelves in our supermarket.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• No response

Reason of review:
Discontinuin Carb Style
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Product or service
Carb Control
Review category
Food Manufacturers
review #835734

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Pepperidge Farm? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
12 of 62 Pepperidge Farm reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 27 #1232705

Really disappointed that they discontinued Carb Style bread. I loved this bread and didn't feel guilty about eating it. Bad move Pepperidge Farm!

Oct 23 #1230956 Silver Spring, Maryland, United States

I agree with you. I am of the younger generation and I purchased it for the last 15 years and at the military base. I went the last three times to only find out it was no longer carried. Something isn't right with their decision. Every time I would go to the commissary, it was on a few left because people would buy it up.

Oct 02 #1221627

I used PF Carb Style bread for years - a great product. I'm sorry that it has been discontinued but Arnold makes a "Bakery Light" bread that is 6 grams of carbs/slice. For those, like myself, who are on a low carb diet, Arnold is a pretty good replacement.

Sep 16 #1213784 Reading, Pennsylvania, United States

I felt like I just saw this... seems yummy! I think another brand might make it. Wish I had your area/region posted, because I hear Stroehmann's makes a lot of varieties (They're owned by Bimbo Bakeries, which also produces Entermanns- which is in the PA region.) Have a nice day!

Kelin

Aug 04 #1194911 New York, New York, United States

I loved the whole wheat low carb bread. I am a diebetic and was so happy I could eat two slices with no worries. I just hope and pray they didn't discontinue because it was all a lie.

Jul 31 #1192999

Agreed. In southern NJ p-farm carb style bread has pretty much disappeared. What a shame.

Jul 09 #1183181 York, Pennsylvania, United States

Was initially angry that PF stopped making their Low Carb bread but I have found Schmidt's Old Tyme 647 bread which has only 6 grams of carbs per slice. So if PF does not want my business, fine.

Jun 15 #1173730

Very disappointed that low carb bread has been discontinued, enjoyed this bread .

3 0 Reply

Jun 05 #1169207

Very disappointed! It was so satisfying for my low carb diet, i am lost without it! I hope they bring it back.

2 0 Reply

Jun 03 #1168163

Yes I have been to every supermarket!! I knew something happened after several days of looking. Now I must find a replacement which is hard to find
Most whole wheat breads are high in carb!!! Thank you PF for making my shopping chore even harder!

May 31 #1167063

I'm so annoyed they Pepperidge Farm discontinued making carb style bread. I've been going to all my local grocery stores for a month trying to find it and to no avail. I just now checked the website and realized its discontinued. This was one of the best breads I've ever had and I'm really disappointed by this. Everyone in my Weight Watchers meetings were fond of this bread!

May 01 #1152582

I am so disappointed the Carb Style bread was discontinued. This bread always sold out by the end of the weekend at my local Stop and Shop. If national sales were poor, it was probably due to a lack of a good marketing strategy. Does anyone know of a good replacement bread that is low in carbs and has a decent amount of protein? I am not a fan of the light bread.

Apr 25 #1149527

It didn't have good sales and it wasn't a top seller at your market.

Apr 25 #1149832

How do you know what is happening at our supermarket? Are you an employee of PF?
It was sold out a day after it was put in stock. If you don't know about this situation, don't make any anonymous comments.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.